Here are today’s picks!
- Peggy Robertson is the Colorado-based coordinator of United Opt-Out, a national movement to help parents reclaim the right of opting out their children from standardized tests. She has a great blog post about how the governor refused to talk to her and a delegation of parents about opting out.
- The Chalk Face is an online podcast on education policy, and in this episode, they talk to a super-motivating Texas school district superintendent and activist, John Kuhn. There are sprinklings of grown-up words, but great topics.
- Guerin Green is the editor of two community newspapers, The Cherry Creek News and North Denver News and is a DPS parent of two kids. He has long studied and opined on policy at DPS and in education in general, and he takes on the cynical attitude of so-called reformers when they talk about our public education system.
- A good write-up on the bill before the Colorado state house this season on reducing trans-fats from school food.
- A Georgia superintendent writes about the downside of Race to the Top.